Do you believe in ghosts ?

"Do you believe in ghosts ?"
Do you believe in ghosts nanna?” asked my daughter
Yes and No” I said, complicating the matter,
In the day, when there is light and everything is bright
I am a rational man, my reason sharp and my logic tight,
But as light fades, beckoning the night
reason slackens and imagination awakens !


Invisible figures and eerie voices taunt me and frighten me,
the courage by day abandons me. Doubts and fears buzz like a bee ;
A proud atheist by day, I am shaking in my pants,
Pleading to the gods, muttering chants


But when again the night slips away
I am by daylight .. bright and gay
the previous night, now an amusing secret
between me and myself, to none I will let
and now I am a rational man, flaunting reason and logic,
Until darkness seeds doubts, when I'll need god and magic








5 comments:

  1. Very nice ram, so very true and applicable to most of us.
    So Shweta/sneha were satisfied with the answer?!? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. unable to recollect who "thinking hat" is :) i dont know about satisfaction but they did listen to it ..

      Delete
  2. Quite a reflective poem Ram,
    -Rohan Kapil

    ReplyDelete

A Prayer for difficult times